CBD products are the talk of the town these days as they are readily available at every corner. There is a long list of CBD products for various purposes. CBD products are available in the form of creams, oils, capsules, tinctures, and much more. You can add CBD products in your drinks, juices, coffees, and cheeseburgers. You can bathe in CBD too, which makes it an exceptional choice and, to be honest, sounds awesome. Every product has its pros and cons, similarly the use of CBD may have some unwanted side effects in some people. In this guide, we will cover some important side effects that CBD may have.
What Is CBD?
CBD (cannabidiol) is one of the natural pure compound among 113 cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. It is in demand and got a niche covered because of its outstanding potential health benefits and uses. CBD is a popular natural potential remedy for prevalent diseases. The main psychoactive cannabinoid present in cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which causes a “high” feeling that is sometimes correlated with marijuana. CBD is not psychoactive unlike THC. This effect makes CBD an extravagant selection for individuals as it may provide them a sense of relaxation and pain relief. CBD may also provide a lot of health benefits without stimulating effects of marijuana or other medication. There is a wide variety of CBD products available across the globe. You can inhale, ingest, sublingual, or by tropical application. CBD has been credited to potentially help treat epilepsy, insomnia, acne, AHDH, anxiety, and chronic pain.
What Is Hemp?
Hemp: the only plant that can feed you, house you, clothe you, and potentially heal you. The hemp is a natural, sweet-smelling, stout, and erect annual herb. Industrial hemp belongs to the Cannabaceae family of plants specially Cannabis sativa. It is one of the fastest-growing plants and was spun for the first time around 50,000 years ago to make fiber. Mostly people confuse hemp with the other cannabis plants that are the primary sources of hashish and marijuana. Hemp is a bit different; it contains little to no amount of THC and high concentrations of CBD. For this reason, hemp is the primary source for making CBD based products.
Benefits of CBD
People used CBD to treat ailments or other health conditions. There is a long list of potential benefits from CBD which includes:
- Pain Relief: CBD may act as an effective remedy for pain, including muscular and joint pain. CBD may help to treat arthritis pain. One animal study in the European Journal of Pain indicates that: “Scientists apply a topical gel which contains CBD to rats with arthritis for four days and they found that there is a substantial reduction in inflammation without further side-effects.” Arnica CBD salve may be worth looking into for this!
- May Treat Acne and Other Chronic Skin Diseases: Nowadays, many people suffer from acne and other skin diseases both in their teen years and adulthood. Researchers found that CBD may help reduce sebaceous tissues and the formation of sebum, as it appears to contain antibacterial and anti-inflammation properties.
- May Treat Mental Disorders: CBD products may help to treat mental disorders like psychotic and schizophrenia conditions. It may also help you to reduce stress, treat psychological effects such as anxiety, and depression. It may also improve sleeping disorders.
- May Treat Neurological Disorders: CBD products may help to treat epilepsy, Parkinson’s diseases, and other neurological disorders.
- May Treat Heart and Circulatory Problems: CBD may help prevent Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and Atherosclerosis from worsening.
- Multiple Sclerosis: CBD may help to treat muscle spasms. It is one of the common symptoms of multiple sclerosis. One study indicates that: “Uses of CBD oil could help to reduce the levels of spasticity a person feels.”
- Diabetes: CBD appears to contain anti-oxidants and anti-seizure properties and is may be effective to manage long term pain. As diabetes is an inflammatory condition, it may help to treat patients suffering from diabetes.
Side Effects of CBD
There are few side effects of CBD, and they are not likely to harm you or cause any adverse effects on your body. Some effect may be cause by the carrier oils present in the CBD product. The possible side effects when you use CBD includes:
- Changes in the body weight.
- Changes in the appetite or digestive issues, like diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
- Mood swings, like irritability and agitation.
- Mild low blood pressure.
- Liver failure and interaction with other medications.
- Fatigue and Dry mouth.
- Drowsiness or dizziness.
The right dosage of natural CBD matters a lot for you and to check out the amount of CBD used in any product is far challenging and complicated than it sounds. Most experts agree that, if you’re using CBD for the first time, start taking it in a little amount and then gradually increase its dosage. CBD has some rare side-effects which won’t cause any severe harm inside your body. CBD is a 100% pure natural alternative for potential pain and symptom relief and may help provide effective and long-lasting effects to support various disorders. A friendly piece of advice for you: before purchasing any CBD product, consult with a certified healthcare practitioner and buy from a reputable brand/trustworthy online website.