CBD products are expanding enormously at all four corners of the earth because of their amazing and sensational potential benefits. CBD could be a remedy to manage long-term pains. Nowadays, every other retailer is selling CBD products, and they labeled their products – the best products that contain a high amount of CBD. In this way, they take advantage of the customers by selling mediocre products and mislead them. Be sure to check the ingredients first before buying any CBD products, as some products contain toxic ingredients that may cause unwanted side effects to your body. Give a read to this blog to learn more.
What is CBD?
CBD, also referred to as cannabidiol, is in-demand and successful due to its multiple potential health benefits. It is one of over 113 chemical compounds characterized as cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. The main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which causes a “high” feeling that is sometimes correlated with marijuana. At the same time, CBD contains a trace amount that doesn’t create a “high.” Studies are carried out, and one of the studies shows that “CBD can cancel out some of the unwanted effects of THC and is regarded as highly effective as a health supplement.” This effect makes CBD an outstanding option for individuals providing a sense of relaxation and pain relief. CBD products are available as an extract, oil-based capsules, and liquid vaporizers. These products can be used to manufacture toothpicks, shampoos, cheese, creams, ointments, and much more.
How may CBD help with inflammation/pain
CBD may act as a natural therapeutic drug to reduce inflammation associated with pain. According to a study, “CBD is the powerful and strongest agent as it contains anti-inflammatory properties, beating off tough competition from Omega-3, vitamin C, and various antioxidants.” CBD may help with inflammation caused by the immune system. It appears to do it by supporting and regulating the body’s immune system for CB2 receptors that are mostly located within the body. Inflammation can be internal/external. Internal inflammation is commonly caused by allergies, bacterial infections, anemia, arthritis, asthma, Crohn’s disease, autoimmune diseases, etc. Meanwhile, external inflammation is often caused by any injury or allergies.
In 2011, a study for the journal Free Radical Biology and Medicine showed that: “Cannabidiol was effective and reduced the risk of organ damage and dysfunction.” In 2015, another research was carried out by Drug and Alcohol Dependence, which indicates that: “People who smoke marijuana had lower CRP levels than non-smokers.” Moreover, an animal study shows that: “CBD has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties– it may slow the development of diabetes & arthritis and reduces inflammation.”
Types of CBD to Manage Pain
Mainly three types of CBD are available in the market to treat pain:
- Full Spectrum CBD: Full spectrum CBD products contains compounds that are present in a cannabis plant. It is attained from the essential vitamins and minerals, terpenes, chlorophyll, protein fiber, CHD, and useful fatty acids. These products contain a small THC, around 0.3%, which won’t make you high. It is in demand because of its strong “entourage effect” and is more beneficial than other types like isolate or broad-spectrum products.
- Isolate CBD: CBD isolate contains pure CBD and is free from other ingredients found in the cannabis plant. These products are easier to pass through the laboratory test; however, it doesn’t include other essential compounds like THC, CBC, and CBN. In this process, all the ingredients are removed completely, including THC during extraction, but it eradicates important benefits that boost the “entourage effect.”
- Broad Spectrum CBD: Broad spectrum CBD consists of all similar chemicals that are found in full spectrum CBD. But, it is independent of THC and can encourage the “entourage effect.” It contains flavonoids, terpenes, oils, limonene, and other natural chemicals found in the cannabis plant.
CBD for Pain Management
People used CBD to treat ailments or other health conditions by using CBD products. There is a long list of health benefits of CBD, which includes:
- Multiple Sclerosis: CBD may help to treat muscle spasms. It is one of the common symptoms of multiple sclerosis. One study indicates that: “Uses of CBD oil may help to reduce the levels of spasticity a person feels.”
- Treatment for Acne: People commonly suffer from acne and other skin diseases, either it is in teenagers or in adulthood. Researchers found that CBD may reduce sebaceous tissues and the formation of sebum, as it contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammation properties.
- May Prevent Neurological Disorders: CBD products may help treat epilepsy, Parkinson’s diseases, and other neurological disorders. It may also reduce mental disorders like psychotic and schizophrenia conditions.
- Treat Heart and Circulatory Problems: CBD may help prevent Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and Atherosclerosis from worsening. It also acts as a natural remedy to treat circulatory problems.
The Legality of CBD
CBD products made from hemp-procure and contain less than 0.3% THC are federally legal in most of the United States under the Farm Bill of 2018. Other CBD products with higher THC concentrations are standard in states that allow medicinal and recreational use of marijuana. States that only allow therapeutic use of marijuana may also enable residents to use THC-rich CBD products if they have a prescription from a certified healthcare practitioner. There are some states, however, that don’t allow residents to legally use THC-rich CBD products even if they have a prescription. So before buying a CBD product, be sure to check local legislation before buying.
CBD products are in-demand because of their calming and therapeutic effects. A friendly piece of advice to you. Don’t go for the local products available in the market. Before experimenting with CBD products, please talk with your doctor to find out either its consumption is safe for you or not. So, what are you waiting for? Order your CBD product now from any nearest dispensary or wellness shops, or order online and enjoy its long-lasting effects.